Monday, July 24, 2017

2017.07.24 Week 59 - Learning how to use makeup

We had transfers today and I am staying in the same area with the same companion. It should be great. We have more investigators now, the problem is just that we need to help them PROGRESS. But I am sure with time everything will go well. This week was good. We almost died, but we are fine.

The story of why we almost died:

We called a woman on Wednesday night to confirm our lunch with her on Thursday. During the call, she invited us to do a "little" service for her and we got really excited because it's pretty hard to find service opportunities. We show up, eat lunch and are all ready to do the service. We had planned two hours to do it. It turns out that she wanted us to paint her store. She has a baby supplies store and we got the opportunity to paint it.

The only problem is that NOTHING was ready. She had one brush and one broken roller thing. Nowhere to put the paint (we found a dog food bucket). There were drawings all over the walls, and chunks of cement on the walls. And she had bought one tiny thing of paint. OK WOMAN. So we started by sanding all the drawings off the walls and scraping all the cement off. Then we had to clean all the walls. Recién empezamos a pintar (We had barely started to paint) and then we ran out of paint. The roller broke more. We were just getting really annoyed and trying to act like happy go lucky sister missionaries. In the end, we survived, I thought that my wrist was broken, but it all went well. Just that the two hours turned into the ENTIRE DAY. 

Wow, that just sounded like a lot of complaining, I'm not complaining, I'm just whining because my arms are weak and for the rest of the week I thought I was going to die from the pain. In the end, the room looked very very very good and the hermana was super grateful. She was happy that I am so tall because even balanced on top of a very tall ladder I almost couldn't reach the top of the wall.

I had to laugh when she asked if we had any experience painting and I thought of the 8 billion hours I spent painting my fence (at home)....not really the same, but in the end it all adds up to experience right? Also, I don't think it matters if you have experience when you are painting out of a dog food bucket and sanding the drawings off the walls with an old cd.

I know it's going to be a rough transfer because my companion doesn't appreciate my lack of makeup use. In her own words, "I can't believe that you have so much knowledge but don't know how to put on makeup. What's the use of your knowledge? There is a reason that God put us together, I have something to teach you. MAKEUP" Gotta love a crazy Brazilian. Glad to know that God is looking out for me, he isn´t gonna let me get through the mission without learning how to use makeup. If I look like a clown in this transfers pictures, YOU WERE ALL WARNED.


Have a great week, read the Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment