Monday, July 10, 2017

2017.07.10 Week 57 - mud filled streets of Senillosa

It was a horrible week. Literally horrible. If anyone thinks that going on a mission is all rainbows and butterflies you are completely mistaken. I started out by having the flu for the first half. My blessed Hermanas Lideres still made us come for intercambios (exchanges) so then I got to take a bus to their area, STANDING for 2 hours, because this country isn't really what you would call gentlemanly, with the flu. We got there and shockingly I didn't just heal, so we couldn't even leave the pension in intercambios. Headed back to our area. Still had the flu. Still had the flu. Still had the flu.

Still sort of have the flu....

Anyway, we are now working again, but not really finding anyone. It got to the point on Sunday that I knelt down and prayed and just cried. I did not leave my home and family to come and share the gospel with the mud filled streets of Senillosa. I came to share it with people. I prayed that I would be able to see the hand of God in my life and be more grateful.

... minutes pass...

My companion locks us out of our pension.

I am serious. We got locked out. And then here comes the miracle. The window is broken. I reach in and am trying to get the keys, but they are way to far away. The curtains happen to also be broken so we use the palo (rod) from the curtains to knock the keys out of the door. Move them closer to the window, but we still can't get them. A MIRACLE happens and my companion finds a tiny piece of contact paper in her scriptures, we put it on the palo but the keys were too heavy for it. We obviously already prayed by this point. I take off my name tag, connect it with the contact paper, and we fish the keys out of our pension with the magnet. GOD IS REAL!

It was a pretty crazy experience, but it was enough for me to see that God really is looking out for the two missionaries who only walk around in mud, for what seems like forever. I am very grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who is never going to forget us, even in the dumb things.

In other news, I am now not only a certified nurse but also a certified dentist. My companion's wisdom tooth hole was bothering her so I went to take a look at it. She got her wisdom tooth out a few months ago in the mission. Between a flashlight and a small mirror shoved halfway down her throat, we are at the conclusion that this genius surgeon left half of her wisdom tooth in her mouth. Thanks dude, we love you.

Hope you all have a fantastic week. Remember that God is looking out for you even in the little little little things. He loves you even if you are passing through a rough moment.








No comments:

Post a Comment