Tuesday, May 2, 2017

2017.05.02 Week 47 - A crazy week

What a crazy week! I have never seen the power of Satan working so strong in my entire life.

Paola has been preparing to get baptized for a while now, and Saturday was finally the day. She's been very excited but it has been a lot of work to help her since she had to deal with some addictions and she also can't read. So we were super excited to say in the least, that she was getting baptized on Saturday.

Then we wake up on Saturday and my companion is super sick, I start getting more sick as the day goes on. We finally manage to get to Paola's house to go with her to her baptism and she tells us she isn't getting baptized anymore. UUUUUHHHHM, what? Apparently she had just got into a fight with her hija (daughter). She told her daughter to go shower before the baptism and get ready to go. Her daughter then told her novio (boyfriend) to come with her because it was time to shower. SHE'S 14. Her Mom told her she couldn't shower with her boyfriend and that turned into a huge fight. WHAT? 

So then Paola didn't want to get baptized anymore, because baptism is supposed to be a happy family day, and she wasn't happy at all. We went to talk to the daughter and I am almost just burst out laughing, I just couldn't believe how surreal the whole situation was. I think I prayed about 23,353,465 times in her house. Then we convinced her that she should probably get a bendicion de consuelo (blessing of comfort) and headed to the church. We get to the church, and she still isn't planning on getting baptized. She ended up getting a super awesome blessing that talked about how through her, all of her family will be able to come unto Christ and accept the gospel. I just about burst out crying as I heard that, considering her family are all hardcore drug addicts. 

Then by some sort of miracle she did end up getting baptized. It was the most awesome baptism ever. Part way through the musical number, in walks about 37 of her closest friends/family/drug addicts. It was cool to see them all there, and just really funny. It all ended well, and I know that's only thanks to God, there was literally nothing else that we could have done. 

Then Satan comes in again. On Sunday morning we find out that she is in the hospital and won't be able to come to church. So she didn't receive the Holy Ghost. Please pray for her. If she doesn't make it this Sunday, we´ll have to start again from square 1.

Also I have a new comp, Hermana Howard. She's awesome, but I'm sad that Hermana Little left me. I'm still in Roca. 

HAVE A GREAT WEEK HOMIES. GOD LOVES YOU ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment