Monday, September 26, 2016

2016.9.26 Week 17 - Unbelievable and hilarious

ANDREA GOT BAPTIZED. This is big news, she finally arrived at her baptism date and everything went well. We are super excited for her and her decision to be baptized!

WE MADE EMPANADAS. We made caramel apple pie empanadas for the ward. Everyone hated them. I have literally no idea why? My companion and I are both extremely confused because they were super good. I think that people just don't like the idea of apples in an empanada. A bunch of people wouldn't even try them. Locos. (Crazies.)

WE WENT ON A HIKE. It was really pretty. We hiked to a waterfall and then up the mountain where we could see everything. It was really pretty but super crazy because no one was there. It was the type of hike that if it existed in America there would be a million people there. It wasn't super easy but was relatively short. Locos. (Crazies.)

I GOT AN EARFUL OF HATE. On Sunday for the first time, we went to Sunday School with the ward. We always teach a separate class for our investigators so we have never gone to this class, but it was Andreas first time as a member so we accompanied her. The teacher was talking about the pride cycle and it was a really good lesson, then this crazy lady in our ward raises her hand and asks, "Why are the members in the United States in the prosperity cycle and we aren't, I thought that God loved all of his children?" This immediately turned into a huge argument with the whole class about the United States and the members there. Money. Tithing. Righteousness. TODO (everything). It was unbelievable and hilarious. They kept saying, "But of course this doesn't include the hermana."  In the end, the whole class was a disaster and without the spirit. So I raised my hand and shared a scripture in Alma 26:12, "Si, yo se que nada soy. En cuenta de mi fuerza, soy debil. No me jactare..." (Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever). Then we talked for a second about how we all need to worry about our own problems and if we can stay humble and remember where all of our blessings come from it doesn't matter where we live. When we are humble we can recieve more blessings. Locos. (Crazies.)

Overall it was a great week and I can't believe how fast the time is moving. My companion goes home on Sunday. I'm pretty bummed because she has been an awesome companion but I am excited to see what will happen at translados (transfers)!!!

Love you all!

-Three weeks of pictures came through today-







































No comments:

Post a Comment