Saturday, June 18, 2016

2016.6.18 Week 3 - I speak constant Spanglish

This week was great, time really moves in a super strange way at the MTC. Hour to hour is extremely slow, but after Sunday the weeks FLY BY. I am halfway done with my time at the MTC, but it feels like I just got here. The weeks are still just full of class all the time. The food is getting worse because they have kind of closed down 3/4 of the cafeteria to put up a huge stage. So basically we are constantly getting more people, and less food, and less space to eat. No me gusta.


Foursquare is extremely hardcore here and my knee has a huge scab and my pants are ripped from it. 

Shockingly I am still not fluent in Spanish but it gets easier every day. I currently can't spell anything in English and get confused with my words all the time. I speak constant Spanglish. I will start saying a word in one language and then halfway through the word switch languages, this means that nobody ever knows what I am saying. My district can always count on me to come up with the next Spanish insult. Here are a few from this week:

Usted es un promedio aguacate.

Su mente es un bellota.

Usted mora en un sobaco.

Keep in mind that I am aware that these are actually not funny but I live in the MTC where everything is funny because I live in the MTC. Every time we walk back from the temple I wonder why we all willingly walk back into jail.

My district is super awesome and so is my companion. I am so glad that I get to spend all my time with funny people because if not I am not sure I would survive. All of them remind me of different random people from home and they are hilarious. On a different note my companion A) Found her soulmate this week, and B) Decided that for her entire MTC experience she will not be shaving her armpits. Love her.

The week was filled with lots of lessons with investigators that ranged from completely horrible to super awesome. I hope all is going well with everyone I know. Also, I'm still like super into working out meaning that every day in class I try not to fall asleep by holding my feet straight out and above the ground #getswoll, the six pack is coming in nicely.


~~~SNAIL MAIL LETTER~~~
I never had a bad attitude about missionary work, but I have a new attitude now. I went to an amazing devotional with Elder Holland that really changed my perspective on missionary work. I have literally been called by God and been given his authority to go and save lives. This is not just something I chose to do and knew was gong to be hard. It is something that God had asked me to do, and needs to be treated that way. I need to study and prepare in a way that shows that I  am taking this seriously. There are children of God at stake! I need to be as ready as possible for the people in Argentina. Love you all, please say hi to the fam and tell the boys to prep now because this is big deal hard stuff.

~~~~~~~~~

Mi and the compañera. This is what someone said to her, "Wow, I really like your outfit. You look like a nun. Really righteous." Um, was that a compliment sir? Because if so, it failed.

I love this building because it has my bed in it.

Maybe my selfies need help.

My district has a lot of really hard workers.

Trevor's cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment