Tuesday, October 17, 2017

2017.10.15 week 69 - The next Captain Moroni



Been a great few weeks. There is nobody I love more that Hermana Sant. She was an incredible companion and I am actually really sad that she left me. My new companion is Hermana Lastarria, she seems super cool. She is from Buenos Aires and is new in the mission. She got trained, trained and is now an Hermana Lider with me. So it's going to be awesome.

Jonatan and Yanina are still just incredible. Some cool things about them...

They were 2 of 5 people that went to the wards service activity this week. They aren't even baptized.

The day that we taught the Word of Wisdom, Jonatan had bought some expensive coffee to share with us. As soon as we taught him the Word of Wisdom his wife laughed and said, "I guess we have to hurry and drink this before we get baptized." He said, "NOOO, as soon as you know a commandment, you live it." That just seems to be his motto.

He is currently looking for a new job so that he won't have to work 1 Sunday per month. We didn't even talk to him about that.

He asked us on Sunday when he could start paying his tithing. We explained that he could pay it anytime, but it's a commandment that he can start keeping after baptism. He wants to start paying it now just to start getting the blessings.

They also told us on Sunday that the biggest blessing they have ever received was when we showed up at their house. "OUR LIVES HAVE CHANGED" I love them a lot.

Anyway, this week I finished the Book of Mormon again in Spanish. I learned a lot about youth. Think of all the youth examples we have, Nephi, Moroni, that whole youth army, Joseph Smith, David, etc. They did incredible things, really incredible things. So then I thought, "Why don't youth do incredible things right now?" I think its because nobody expects them to, and they don't think they can.

WELL, THEY CAN. SO LET THEM. AND MAKE THEM. YOUR KID COULD BE THE NEXT CAPTAIN MORONI.


Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment