Monday, September 18, 2017

2017.09.17 Week 65 - Political candidates

It's just so great to be a missionary. I love it. It's the best job ever. I am very grateful for all the things I am learning out here serving the Lord, and I know that my life will NEVER be the same thanks to the fact that I have spent this little bit of time in Argentina.

These weeks have been great. The longest, fastest weeks EVER. I love my new companion and we get along extremely well. She helps me a lot. Her example really just teaches me a lot. For example...I have made my bed every day this transfer so far. That's kind of just a big step for me.

I have also never been so tired in my ENTIRE life, or my entire mission. I am just dead tired every single day. DEAD TIRED. But it is a very good tired, the kind that says, "You worked diligently all day."

This week we found some amazing people, who are definitely going to get baptized.

In other news, the ward here is just......interesting. Individually we have met lots of members who are just AWESOME and they are amazing examples as to how every member should act. And then there are others, who just so happen to be leaders, who are walking disasters. I am trying to learn to humble myself and accept that some people just really cannot be tamed.

Example:
This week "someone" in the ward invited a bunch of political candidates to come to sacrament meeting. When they arrived, halfway through the meeting, they were announced and called up to sit on the stand. UHHHH, WHAT THE HECK MAAN.

And then after sacrament meeting, all the missionaries from the ward were invited to a meeting where we were told that from now on this will be happening often and we will be expected to present them with a hard copy of the Book of Mormon and a framed Family Proclamation. I tried to humbly submit my opinion that it was not appropriate to have political candidates announced and sitting on the stand and that if we are going to give them fancy books and framed things, we should be doing it with EVERY visitor of the chapel. My words were somewhat rudely rejected and I left the meeting only slightly fuming. 

In the end, everything worked out and the stake president will be talking with these members because as it turns out it is completely inappropriate to do what they were doing. This just shows that even though we might not have all the rules and manuals memorized, the spirit will tell us if something is OK or not.

But in other news, I don't know how happy the bishopric will be to work with me in these coming months...pray for me.

LOVE YOU ALL, have a great time living your lives.












No comments:

Post a Comment